The Hot 91.1 Summer Skyshow is a free community event celebrating Australia Day. Held in Cotton Tree Park Maroochydore, 2017 will mark the 4th year of the event which takes place on Saturday 21 January 2017 from 2pm – 9pm. The one day family event brings together the wider community and offers market stalls, amusement rides, live music and culminates in a large fireworks display.
Date: Saturday 21 January 2017 from 2pm – 9pm
Location: Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore QLD
|3pm||C-17 Flyover RAAF|
|6pm||To the Skies Band|
|7.15pm||End of November|
- Free car parking at the Sunshine Coast Rugby Club – Fifth Ave, Maroochydore QLD 4558
- First Aid – located in the car park between rides and stage
- Event Admin Office/Information – Lost Children meeting point – located in the car park between rides and stage
- Grab your free wristband for the kids and write your mobile number on it – if they get separated from you we can call you
- Hot 91.1 Summer Skyshow is an alcohol free event
- Please use the bins provided
- Slip, slop, slap – sunscreen available at Hot 91.1, Information and First Aid
- Bring your water bottles – Unity Water are providing a refill station
More than 15,000 people are expected to attend the annual 91.1 Hot Summer Skyshow Powered by McDonalds when Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore is lit up with the largest ever fireworks display on Saturday 21st January 2017.
The Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, organisers of the fourth annual family and community event, say the event offers live music, food and market stalls, amusement rides and the largest fireworks display the Coast has seen to complete the celebration.
President of the Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, Troy Deighton said he was incredibly proud of the event and how it has become a wonderful free activity for the whole family to enjoy.
‘The Hot 91.1 Summer Skyshow is a free family event that brings the community together to celebrate Australia Day for the fourth consecutive year. We have a great day in store with plenty of activities including a flyover from the RAAF which is always exciting, we can’t wait!’
The event is proudly supported by the Sunshine Coast Council’s grants program with Cr Jason O’Pray saying “the annual Hot 91.1 Summer Skyshow attracts families from across the Sunshine Coast and surrounding region.”
The 91.1 Hot Summer Skyshow Powered by McDonalds is proud to be supported by Hot 91.1 FM, McDonalds, the Sunshine Coast Grant’s program, KCs Fireworks, Heritage Bank, Sea Life, Sunshine Coast Council, TAFE Queensland East Coast, JC Hire and the Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce.
The 91.1 Hot Summer Skyshow powered by McDonalds will take place on Saturday 21 January 2017 from 2pm – 9pm in Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore. This is an alcohol free event.